The final Wordle puzzle of January 2023 is here, and it is quite a doozy, meaning some players will need help, hints, or the whole answer for today.
The daily word puzzle game called Wordle is back with yet another challenging word. While not one of the hardest Wordle puzzles ever, it’s difficult enough that some fans will be hunting for a little help with this puzzle, be it rules help, hints, or just the full word of the day.
How To Play Wordle
The original version of Wordle is owned by the New York Times. This browser-based game was purchased from an indie developer by the newspaper giant about a year ago, and it has been hosted by it ever since. In order to play the original version and the subject of this article, players will need to head either to the New York Times Games Wordle page or download the New York Times Crossword App. Other versions of Wordle will have different answers and can even have different rules.
In order to play, the first thing players must do is choose a starting word. These words have some rules they should follow:
- All Wordle answers are always five letters long, real words, and not proper nouns.
- While they can be used as guesses, Wordle answers won’t be previous answers or plural nouns ending in S or ES, so these should be avoided.
- Good starting words have five different letters, each common letters to potential Wordle answers.
- It is argued that best starting words therefore is either LATER or IRATE.
Now that players have chosen a starting word, they need to type it into the top row of the Wordle grid. Press enter. This will cause its letters to change colors.
- Letters that turn green are right.
- Letters that turn gray are wrong.
- Yellow letters are right but in the wrong position in the word.
With these in mind, players need to try new words and get new clues until they guess the answer or run out of their six total tries.
Hints for the Wordle 591 for January 31, 2023
While today’s Wordle word does have some things that would usually make it challenging, it’s such a common word that most will only need just a little push in the right direction to get to this answer themselves.
- Today’s five-letter Wordle word begins with a C.
- This word contains one vowel.
- It is a noun and a verb.
- This word contains one R.
- There is also one O in this word.
- This word is a simple shape.
- There are duplicated letters in this word.
Answer for Wordle 591 for January 31, 2023
Looking for the full spoiler? Scroll down; the answer is just below the image.
The answer to Wordle puzzle 591 is CROSS.
Wordle is available for any browser and on the New York Times Crossword App.
MORE: 5-Letter Words Starting With ST
- January 31 Wordle 591 Answer and Hints
- Check all news and articles from the latest Game Guides updates.