Wordle is a puzzle game that pits players against a mystery word every day, and today’s word can be quite the challenge.
Every day, word puzzle fans from all over the world log on to Wordle to try their hand against today’s five-letter mystery word. This game has fairly simple rules, but winning can be difficult. Some players might want a hint or two to help them out.
How To Play Wordle
As a quick note: this game was massively popular in early 2022. This, coupled with Wordle‘s limited archive and short playtimes, spawned a lot of copycats. The original version was purchased by the New York Times Games, and it still is hosted on its site to this day. The NYT’s version is the subject of this article; other versions of Wordle can have different rules and answers. Here is how to play.
First, head to the New York Times Games site or the NYT Crossword app to play Wordle. Currently, the game is still free-to-play and doesn’t require a login. Next, choose a starting word. This word must be five letters long and a real English word. In order to choose the best starting word, players will need to know the rules that all Wordle answers follow.
- Wordle answers are never proper nouns.
- Most non-American English words have been removed as well as all potentially offensive words like slurs.
- Answers can have duplicated letters in it, such as VIVID.
- Wordle answers are never plural nouns ending in S, though these can be used as guesses.
- So far, answers have never repeated.
Once a good starting Wordle word is chosen, type it into the site and press enter. The letters will change colors; if they turn green, they are right. Gray letters are incorrect. Those that turn yellow are right but in the wrong place in the word. Given these clues, players have six total tries to get to the correct answer.
Hints for the Wordle 470 for October 2, 2022
Although today’s word is a fairly easy one, some players may want a hint or two without giving the whole thing away. Here are just a few clues:
- Today’s Wordle word begins with the letter T.
- This word is both a noun and a verb.
- It contains no duplicated letters.
- This word rhymes with SIGN
- It ends in an E.
- This word contains two vowels.
- The definition of this word as a verb is usually to twist together.
Answer for Wordle 470 for October 2, 2022
Still looking for the full answer for today’s game? Whether players are looking to cheat at Wordle or not today, the spoiler can be found just below this image.
The answer to Wordle puzzle 470 is TWINE.
Wordle is available for any browser.
MORE: Every Wordle Solution for October 2022
- October 2 Wordle Answer 470
- Check all news and articles from the latest Game Guides updates.