Thunderful has announced its next SteamWorld game and it’s a city-builder.
Revealed yesterday during a Thunderful stream, SteamWorld Build is a new city-builder set in the SteamWorld universe due out sometime this year on consoles and PC. In it, your goal is to escape a dying planet and the only way to do this is by building a mining town to dig up “vital long-lost technology.” You’ll need to manage your city as the needs of it, and the citizens living there, grow, and you’ll have to defend your creation from the deadly creatures that lurk below.
Check out the SteamWorld Build announcement trailer below:
“There’s an abandoned mine sitting under your town, and it’s rumored to be filled with anicent tech that holds the key to escaping the impending doom,” the game’s Steam page reads. “Use the natural resources above ground and the abundant ores buried in the mine to expand your town. Stimulate new residential tiers to join the quest to dig deeper, unearth untold riches, and ultimately help them hightail it off the planet.”
Thunderful says as your town expands, new Steamfolk will find their way to the settlement with hopes of calling it home. And to keep all of them satisfied, your city will need to be firing on all cylinders. As you begin digging and mining the ground below, “eventually something will start hunting you back.” You’ll need to defend your workers from creepy creatures and keep the walls from caving in on your Steamfolk as you trek deeper and deeper into the mines.
Here are some additional SteamWorld Build features:
- Set in the multi award-winning SteamWorld Universe
- Build your own unique SteamWorld mining town
- Explore and develop an abandoned mine
- Manage and optimize increasingly complex resource chains
- Tackle the dangers you will encounter
- Experience five distinctive SteamWorld inspired maps littered with secrets
- Easy to pick up and play with keyboard and mouse or with a controller
- Three well-balanced difficulty levels to give a challenge to players of all abilities
If this sounds up your alley, you’re in luck because Thunderful already has a Steam demo for you to check out. Thunderful says the demo does not include controller support yet, but that the full game will. The demo will be updated at a later date to include controller support.
SteamWorld Build hits PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC sometime this year.
Are you checking out SteamWorld Build this year? Let us know in the comments below!
- SteamWorld Build Is A City-Builder Coming To Consoles And PC This Year
- Check all news and articles from the latest News updates.